Monday, September 15, 2008

Life Is Like A Zip-Line - Fast and Furious


Last August my husband Jim and I went to Alaska. While there we did a zipline over the Alaskan Rainforest. Heights are not my thing but out of a sense of pride and andventure, I decided to step out of my comfort zone and go for the gusto.

What an adventure.

Actually that's how my life is today - one zipline aftr another. Since the publication of "Generationg G - Advice for Savvy Grandmothers Who Will Never Go Gray," I have had no idea what to expect from one day to the next. I, therefore, decided to enter the world of blogging, a true zipline adventure of the 21st century. Right now I've just stepped off the platform, am in mid-air racing toward the first station. You might say I have just gotten my feet wet!

Just like the zipline, my journey has taken me to many stations from Texas to Colorado to California. The best part of the adventure is that I am reconnecting with so many friends from the past from high school to college - to all seasons of my life.

I am also meeting so many amazing women who are doing so many amazing things. Women with grandmother names like Grandma Purple, CC, Nellie, and Lovey. Each has a story. I am fascinatied by the histories of women and am hoping to gather these stories to one day and put them down on paper. We are all a product of our past - that's what makes us unique and wonderful.

God has an amazing way of bringing things around full circle. Sometimes I feel like a blind man stepping into situations that are unknown and unseen, learning as I go. Radio interviews are a bit like that. Sitting in the silence, a voice comes over the telephone lines. You didn't see them coming, didn't know when they were there, but a beginning of an adventure.

It is all very fast and furious and I have no idea where it is going but it has begun. I hope to enter posts a couple of times a week. I'm on the platform and am ready for the adventure.

Hope you all have a blessed day. I am blessed indeed!

No comments: